Geographical distance is an opportunity to build a stronger foundation for love. In today’s mobile world there is likely to be at least one long distance relationship in our lives.
A long distance relationship can be an example of the same intimate communication we create face to face.
A few points:
- Relationships are tough, especially those of marriage or committed partners.
- We often get out of sync, pulled by the duties of our lives, so the challenge becomes finding ways to be naked emotionally in safe places.
- What matters most is how comfortable you feel being emotionally naked with your lover, partner, or spouse.
- Emotional nakedness and authentic communication cannot be realized without clear intentions and safety of circumstances.
- A long distance relationship can be an example of the same intimate communication we create face to face.